Grandton is located in Applecross, one of Perth’s most affluent riverside suburbs. Favoured by young families and older couples alike, Applecross is the ideal location for those who wish to spend their senior years in a tranquil and welcoming local community – enjoying all Applecross and its surroundings have to offer.
Part of the City of Melville, Applecross is an affluent, residential riverside suburb that stretches from the Canning Bridge foreshore all the way to Tompkins Park and the Alfred Cove Reserve.
Only 8 km away from Perth CBD, Applecross is also home to numerous parks and reserves. Residents are in the enviable position of being close to urban environments whilst still enjoying Perth’s suburban lifestyle.
While the area is predominantly residential, there are pockets of commercial activity in the Canning Bridge Precinct and Applecross Village, where residents can find a wide choice of shops, cafes, and restaurants.
The tranquility of the location and its proximity to the river, the city, and recreational activities, make Applecross a suburb of choice for younger and older generations.
The Applecross foreshore extends for approximately 6 kilometers and is located a short 5-minute walk (280m) from Grandton Applecross.
The green areas that extend along the Swan River provide plenty of opportunities to relax with family and friends, walk your dog, or simply enjoy the local flora and fauna with the stunning Perth skyline on the horizon.
Deep Water Point Reserve and Point Walter Reserve are popular riverside spots amongst locals, offering breakfast and lunch options, easy access to water, and children’s playgrounds.
Cafes & Restaurants
Whether you’re looking for a breakfast, lunch, or dining spot, Applecross has a cuisine and ambiance for every occasion. Here’s a list of some of our favourites:
- Nic and Kolo for all-day brunch options and contemporary cusine in the evenings.
- Steamlab Coffee and Tea Specialists for coffee and tea options right next to Grandton Applecross.
- Gucce Cucina, for a traditional Italian meal and woodfired pizza.
- The Raffles Hotel to enjoy a drink and pub classics with a modern Italian influence.
- Clancy’s Applecross for a contemporary pub meal that never disappoints.
Shopping & Public Transport
The wide choice of shopping facilities nearby combined with an accessible net of public transport options make Applecross a great area for retirement and seniors living. Shopping options in the area include:
- IGA Canning Bridge (250m).
- Woolworths Mount Pleasant (950m).
- The Good Grocer in Applecross Village (1.4km).
- Coles, Woolworths, Myer and David Jones at Westfield Booragoon (3.5km).
Applecross is serviced by multiple bus routes that travel around the surroundings, as well as into the CBD on one end and Fremantle on the other.
- The 148 bus route takes you directly to Applecross Village.
- The 160 bus route travels to Westfield Booragoon.
- The 910 bus route runs along Canning Highway, connecting Grandton Applecross with Fremantle and Perth’s CBD.
- The Mandurah train line stops at Canning Bridge, a short walk away from your Grandton apartment.
Live Your Senior Years in Applecross
Grandton Applecross is located at 20-22 Kintail Road. At Grandton, couples and individuals can choose to live their senior years connected to friends and family amongst the beautiful scenery of Applecross, making the most of all this sought-after suburb has to offer.
To learn more about Grandton Applecross, submit an enquiry form or contact one of our representatives by calling + 61 8 9315 1513.