Downsizing to an apartment has become an increasingly popular option for those who are planning to retire or already have. In most cases, the choice to downsize to an apartment precedes the transition, later in life, to an institutionalised aged care facility.
At Granton Applecross, however, we offer a new way of retirement and seniors living. Our luxurious apartments are designed to change with the needs of its owners, giving them access to a wide menu of personal and clinical care when and if required from the comfort of their apartment home.
Are you thinking about downsizing to an apartment for retirement? Here’s our top list of things to consider.
1. Spacious & Quality Apartments
Retirement living doesn’t mean that you have to compromise the quality of your apartment or finishes. Request a floorplan of the apartment to find out exactly the size of each room and check specifications and inclusions carefully.
All apartments at Grandton Applecross are architecturally and intelligently designed by Norup + Wilson to be spacious, luxurious and meet the functional requirements for seniors living. Some of the key apartment features include:
- Oversized balconies with panoramic views.
- Larger bedrooms and bathrooms.
- Larger doors.
- Double glazed windows and high ceilings.
You can download the apartment specifications here.
The location of your new apartment will dictate the lifestyle of your retirement and senior years. These are some of the questions that you should ask yourself when choosing where to downsize for retirement.
- Is it easy to get from and to the apartment homes by car or public transport?
- Would you like to be able to walk or cycle to cafés and restaurants nearby?
- Is access to the river foreshore or the ocean important to you?
Grandton is located in the heart of Applecross, making it the perfect choice for those wishing to live in a welcoming and vibrant community and make the most of Perth’s suburban riverside lifestyle while being a dash away from the hustle and bustle of the city and Fremantle.
3. Amenities & On-Site Facilities
Most apartment buildings are now equipped with communal amenities for residents. What would you like to have easy access to? Carefully check the list of amenities and on-site facilities and ensure that they include what’s important to you.
The communal areas at Grandton Applecross focus on life enrichment, offering a balance between activation and serenity amenities. These include:
- Heated indoor swimming pool.
- Cinema room.
- Beauty salon and hair-dresser.
- Communal dining facilities.
- Secure parking.
- Electric car charging stations.
- Yoga and wellness rooms.
- Rooftop tranquillity garden.
Does Grandton Tick All Your Boxes?
- Ageing in place. Grandton Applecross revolutionises seniors living, allowing you to own and live in a spacious apartment that changes in time with your needs thanks to a menu of personal and clinical care packages tailered to your requirements.
- Location. Spend your senior years in the heart of Applecross, connected with your family, friends and wider community. Enjoy the proximity to the river and discover the renouned cafes and restaurants in and around Applecross.
- On-site facilities. Wide choice of enrichment facilities including yoga and wellness rooms, beauty salon, day spa services, cinemas, lounges, and dining facilities. For your safety and peace of mind, apartment residents will also have access to ten Private Care Suites for care requirements that cannot be managed in your apartment.
Want to learn more about downsizing for retirement at Grandton Applecross? Submit an enquiry form today.